Ginseng is an adaptogenic Asian herb that helps the body cope with physical, chemical, and mental stress. Studies suggest that it may boost memory, concentration, and physical energy.
Our Ginseng root extract capsules provide 1000mg of the herb, making it a potent adaptogen and energy-booster.
|Product Type: 2 Veggie Capsules|
Panax Ginseng (Root), Gelatin (capsule), Stearic Acid (vegetable source) and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source).
milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, soybeans, artificial colours or preservatives
Studies on ginseng suggests it may improve mood and memory. Two recent studies found that the active compounds found in Ginseng has cognitive protective properties that can lead to better mental health, mood, calmness.  Five more studies also found that supplementation increased subjective well being and happiness in people who were stressed. However, there was no change in people who were not stressed. 
Another study found it improved brain function and behavior in people with Dementia or Alzheimer's disease. Four studies also noted that Ginseng increased cognitive performance, perhaps due to reducing fatigue and making people more alert since people who were not fatigued did not show any increase.
Research Score: Strong
Ten studies show that Ginseng moderately decreases fasting blood glucose in diabetics and that high doses of 20g may acutely reduce blood glucose in non-diabetics.
Research Score: Promising
Ginseng is an antioxidant and can help protect the body against the damaging effects of oxidation. In a 2014 placebo-controlled study, postmenopausal women between the ages of 45-60 were given Ginseng daily for 12 weeks. It was found that those taking the herb had higher antioxidant enzyme activity compared to those taking the placebo. Two further studies found Ginseng slightly increased all three main antioxidant enzymes.
Research Score: Promising
1. Rausch WD, Liu S, Gille G, Radad K. Neuroprotective effects of ginsenosides. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2006;66(4):369-75.
2. Reay JL, Scholey AB, Kennedy DO. Panax ginseng (G115) improves aspects of working memory performance and subjective ratings of calmness in healthy young adults. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2010;25(6):462-71.
4. Heo JH, Lee ST, Chu K, et al. Heat-processed ginseng enhances the cognitive function in patients with moderately severe Alzheimer's disease. Nutr Neurosci. 2012;15(6):278-82.
7. Hong B, Ji YH, Hong JH, Nam KY, Ahn TY. A double-blind crossover study evaluating the efficacy of korean red ginseng in patients with erectile dysfunction: a preliminary report. J Urol. 2002;168(5):2070-3.
8. Bao L, Cai X, Wang J, Zhang Y, Sun B, Li Y. Anti-Fatigue Effects of Small Molecule Oligopeptides Isolated from Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer in Mice. Nutrients. 2016;8(12)
10. Seo SK, Hong Y, Yun BH, et al. Antioxidative effects of Korean red ginseng in postmenopausal women: a double-blind randomized controlled trial. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;154(3):753-7.